Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Cron job only sends 2 emails per session

Cron job only sends 2 emails per session 11 years 9 months ago #18168

Has anyone else run into a problem where the cron job only sends 2 emails per session? I have 1,215 subscribers. I setup the cron to run every 10 minutes, and tell RSMail! to send 100 messages per hour. Every 10 minutes it sends 2 messages. I finally had to run the cron once a minute to get my newsletter out - 2 at a time every minute.

Joomla! config set to use PHP Mail, but I think RSMail uses sendmail by default (but I'm not sure).

Running Joomla! 2.5.6 w/ latest version of RSMail!
PHP: 5.2.17
MySQL: 5.0.92-50
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cron job only sends 2 emails per session 11 years 9 months ago #18232

For anyone else having this problem (or similar): Settings > Cron > Check Interval - must be set to match the timing of your cron job. This variable divides the hour and sends X emails per trigger (not per hour). I had mine set to 1, and Number of Emails set to 100. So each trigger it was sending 2 emails to keep up with 100 emails per hour triggered once a minute (greater than 1 but less than 2 - it rounded up to 2 and sent that many per trigger).

Re: Cron job only sends 2 emails per session 11 years 8 months ago #18499

Hi kevin, did the advice resolved your issue yet?

Re: Cron job only sends 2 emails per session 11 years 5 months ago #20034

• rvillela
  • Fresh Boarder
This has not resolved my issue. :(
I have setup the RSMail cron jobs for run every minute on with my hosting provider, which matches my RSMail settings.
I use cron jobs for my backups and they work great, so I know I am setting up the cron jobs properly and that they work.

When I run the RSMail cron manually, it seems to work.
I did notice that when I ran them manually the, Virtuemart plugin was failing, but even after disabling the plugin, my schedule messages do not seem to fire.

Any suggestions?

Cron job only sends 2 emails per session 11 years 5 months ago #20160

Hi All:

After discussion with support, I have set my CRON session parameters as follows:

Number of e-mails: 200 (i.e., I want to send out 200 e-mails per CRON job)
Period of time: hour (i.e., I want to send them out over an hour)
Check interval: 60

I trigger the CRON job every 2 hours (to avoid problems with exceeding my ISP's maximum hourly limit). This seems to work fine.

Cymdeithas Madog

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!