Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Granting permissions - Joomla 1.7.2 > RSMail

Granting permissions - Joomla 1.7.2 > RSMail 12 years 3 months ago #16304

I have a friend who does my newsletter. I setup RSMail in my J!1.7.2 site and now I need to grant them access to RSMail. I don't really want them to have access to being able to edit my site pages (article manager), other components and modules. How can I grant access to one user to get into RSMail through the back-end, but not really get into anything else?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Granting permissions - Joomla 1.7.2 > RSMail 12 years 3 months ago #16310

It's not yet possible to give some access to the RS Extensions.
What I have done is created a usergroup, who only have access to RS extensions and not to the rest.
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html

Re: Granting permissions - Joomla 1.7.2 > RSMail 12 years 2 months ago #16327

I am editing my entire first response - to this: That's what I ended up doing as well. Created a group at the same level as Administrator, then turned off permissions to "everything" but the RS extensions and a few others that don't yet support ACL.

Thanks Wilco.
Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by kevin.mcelligott. Reason: my first response was stupid :)

Re: Granting permissions - Joomla 1.7.2 > RSMail 11 years 8 months ago #18674

Hi Wilco:

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but our organization has a similar situation the OP where we would like to give our e-mail officer access to RSMail but nothing else. As Wilco mentioned, it is possible to work around this via using an administrative-level group where everything that can be turned off is turned off. However, this is inelegant and still exposes other components that do not use ACL support.

Does RSJoomla have any plans to make RSMail ACL-compatiable (similar to many of the native Joomla components)? It would be a great benefit to organizations such as ours.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!