Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Help needed with Cronjob

Help needed with Cronjob 12 years 9 months ago #14099

• rubenl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

We have al little more than 5300 subscribers, so to avoid become blacklisted we would like to send our mailings sceduled.

I logged in to the SSH envoirement using Putty and added a cronjob (crontab -e)

# m h dom mon dow command
0 01,13 * * * lynx "http://www.domain.nl/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=cron"

Our sceduled test mail was deliverd on July 1st on 01:00 (3 subscribers), so I figured out it works fine.

We setted a sceduled mailing on July 1st 13:44, I was convinced that the mailing would be deliverd to all our subscribers between 01:00 and 07:00 July 2nd according to the cronjob and the cron settings (900 p/h, check interval 1 minute). But the next morning I saw the report, just 27 mails has been sent. And i received an e-mail from Cron Deamon:
Your Terminal type is unknown!

Enter a terminal type: [vt100]
TERMINAL TYPE IS SET TO vt100
(B)0[1;24r[m[?7h[?1h=[H[J[21B[0;7mGetting http://www.domain.nl/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=c[m
[0;7mLooking up www.domain.nl[m[K
[0;7mMaking HTTP connection to www.domain.nl[m
[0;7mSending HTTP request.[m [22;22H
[0;7mHTTP request sent; waiting for response.[m

[24;1H
[?1l>

What is/am I going/doing wrong?

Thanx for helping!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help needed with Cronjob 12 years 9 months ago #14250

• aksmith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm having similar issues with hosting on Site5.
Cron jobs hang after 2% when set up with:
lynx "lifesighs.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=cron"
I tried an alternate syntax:
lynx -source "lifesighs.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=cron" > /dev/null 2>&1

which does not work at all.
I am testing at the Jcron component, but that solution is less than ideal.
If anyone could any other ideas, that would be greatly appreciated. I do think it's time that the developers build this function into the extensions - there are lots of other Joomla extensions that do that (e.g. Akeeba back-up, etc.).
-Alan

Re:Help needed with Cronjob 12 years 8 months ago #14353

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

The message that you receive when setting the Cron task is not an error message but a message that the cron was correctly set. Another command that you can use for this is:

wget -O /dev/null lifesighs.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=cron

If this does not work for you then it would be best to contact your hosting provider for other alternate commands.

From what I can see, no error message is triggered when accessing the Cron link manually:

lifesighs.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=cron

So the cron is running correctly in RSMail!.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!