Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: send mail options question

send mail options question 13 years 1 month ago #13300

• cspgsl
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to determine how to set my send options. My host only allows 500 per hour. What is the difference between

Send options
Number of e-mails to send per session:

and

Cron settings
Number of e-mails:
Period of time:
Check Interval (minutes):

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:send mail options question 13 years 1 month ago #13376

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

In order to set the the email to be sent 500 per hour you will need to send the newsletter in a Scheduled session and so use the settings for the Cron task. In this case the "Number of Emails" represent the number of messages that you will sent in the period of time specified in the "Period of time" field, in this case you will have to set 500(number of emails) of messages to be sent in an hour(Period of time). The "Check interval" is for users who wish to do not send the 500 emails at once and instead send a given number of emails at a period of time. So you can set the given setting to send, for example, 100 emails once every ten minutes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!