Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Sharing some - RSMail and Wysiwyg editors in J!

Sharing some - RSMail and Wysiwyg editors in J! 13 years 7 months ago #11672

Hi,

been working with Joomla! for a couple of years now (actually been in the CMS loop since Mambo...and IT since 1978....and yes, it still is fun) :)

Anyhow, here's an interesting observation about RSMail - JCE editor - URL's

Most/Many WYSIWYG editors has some kind of selection where you can set if you want the editor to use Absolute URL OR Reltive URL

Absolute URL
A Mail application (such as RSMail in this case) is highly recommended to use "Absolute URL" to images and other content you don't want to send in the e-mail. You place this content in the Cloud or on your site (which is a part of the cloud :huh: Really wish those using this new buzz word could read Cisco tech info), and then you link to it from the e-mail with absolute URL.

Relative URL
A Relative URL is "relative" to the site URL it resides on when the script is read.
Ex: /images/logo/acompany.jpg
Trying to use this outside the site will render the script to fail...of course.
Ok? Everyone with me so far? Good.

RSMail ALSO utilize TAGS - Ex- {unsubscribelink} or {email} ... and so forth...
These are replaced by a link that is built dynamically upon sending the mail (using preview or direct html viewing will not convert these TAGS. That is only taken care of inside RSMail). Are you lost? No? Good, let's continue...

So, the editors can be set in two ways and RSMail has two active ways of including scripting (Absolute URL AND TAGS).

Conclusion
No matter how you set your WYSIWYG editor (depending on which you have of course...) can you work around this.

1. Either the Absolute URL is stripped of its "hllp://yourdomain.com..." like in the "Relative" example above ...or
2. The TAGS in RSMail gets "hllp://youdomain.com/... attached to them...

Solution
Create a user in Joomla with Admin rights that has NO editor connected or a VERY simple one that doesn't try to "fix" your links.

Hold on to Your TAGS

The cherry on-top of all this is that in its current version, RSMail can NOT use the {unsubscribe} links in the "Message" HTML that you create yourself, but they HAVE TO reside in the "Footer". I.e they're not global to the RSMail system.

At least my tests to include the TAGS inside my "Message" gives me a funky URL: hllp://mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&task=redirecturl&cid=1&sid=64&url=aHR0cDovL3Jkc2EuYWtlcm1hbnNjb3ZlLmNvbS8= .

While the Footer in the same mail is provided with correctly built URL:
hllp://mydomain.com/index.php?option=com_rsmail&view=unsubscribe&vid=ac6ef8e957cd7f1c48c02c34e2f62864&IdSession=1

This info is only here for enlightenment. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It would only make me happy. :)

Regards
Robert O. Akerman
stolt-akerman.com - Webdesign & Designer Agency
www.akermanscove.com - Designer Portfolio
Work with: Web Design, JoomFish Contributor, Translations, Design, Logotypes, Photography, Illustrations, eCommerce, SEO & Print
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by stoltakerman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!