Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends

Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 13 years 7 months ago #11225

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

this looks like an attractive component for managing my e-mail marketing.

I have one contacts DB I've built over some time with 85,000 contact e-mails so I have some questions:

1. Is there a maximum number of contacts that can imported ?
2. When sending e-mails is there a maximum number that can be sent ?
3. If I have several e-mail addresses do I have to use the one associated with my domain in which RSMail is hosted or can I use any ? ie. What will apear in the From field and Can I specify any e-mail in the reply Field ?
4. Is it possible to track SPECIFICALLY WHO is clicking links WHEN and HOW OFTEN ? also is there any way of seeing if the e-mail has been forwarded ?

Realistically is this a viable solution for managing e-mails to 85,000 contacts ?

regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 13 years 7 months ago #11229

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

I am glad that you are interested in RSMail.

1. No. You will not have any problems in importing your CSV list
2. No. The component does not impose a restriction on the maximum number of emails, but you should check with your hosting provider if you have a limit. Even so RSMail! allows you to set a Cron task that will send the emails in separate sessions so that you can comply to the limit.
3. You can use any email address.
4. RSMail! does have advanced link tracking that basically allows you to see who clicked on what.

To get a look and feel of the component you can test it here:

demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 13 years 6 months ago #11373

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
one more question:

my data has fields associated with it like 'Business Type' 'Location' etc. Does this component have any database functionality associated with it for selcting who gets sent a mail. Can data subsets be created from a master list of data or does that have to be done external form the component ?

And a final question, in the last reply it was stetd that any e-mail address could be used - does this include an e-mail address from a different host ISP ?

Thanks.

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 12 years 11 months ago #13440

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
tobypsl wrote:
4. Is it possible to track SPECIFICALLY WHO is clicking links WHEN and HOW OFTEN ? also is there any way of seeing if the e-mail has been forwarded ?
bogdanc wrote:
4. RSMail! does have advanced link tracking that basically allows you to see who clicked on what.

I've just sent my first test e-mail. It seems that although the report indicates who has opened what (although my links don't work, i think there is a setting to force full urls) it doesn't tell when they opened. One of the best features of acymailer is that it will indicate in the report how many times someone has opened a mail / clicked a link and the date and time they last did so. from the point of view of tracking who to picj up the phone and call this is invaluable.

So, question: is there a feature I haven't spotted in RSMail that does this and if not, is there a plan to implement and include this relatively simple but incredibly useful statistic into reports?

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 12 years 11 months ago #13443

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
@tobypsl,

Unfortunately there isn't such a feature in RSMail! just yet, but this was already added on our TO DO list and will be implemented in future revisions.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 12 years 11 months ago #13459

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Alex

thanks for reply, do you know when this revision will be out ? Currently it's the only feature I miss in acymailer. I'll be buying another license of one soon so good to know if worth waiting a few weeks or will be a few months or longer.

regards, Toby

Re:Pre-Sale Query - Max Volume of Email Sends 12 years 11 months ago #13474

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Unfortunately i can't provide an estimate but i can tell you for sure that this isn't going to be implemented within one or two weeks.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!