Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Prevent Blacklist Issues

Prevent Blacklist Issues 13 years 9 months ago #11097

• louis1
  • Fresh Boarder
This is kind of a sales question but also a question to better understand mass email marketing software. Maybe someone can help me out before I buy the RSMail component.

I've used other Joomla mail software in the past to handle my email marketing needs and got my email address/IP address into a big blacklist mess. I wasn't doing anything bad as far as Spamming folks or anything and quite frankly I don't know how i got on the blacklist in the 1st place.

Since then I've moved to 3rd party Email Marketing Software such as Constant Contact and haven't had a problem since.

But now I'm faced with an integration problem where I would like the benefits of having RSMail, Events, and Form to be able to handle certain features on my website. I know I can't keep using Constant Contact if I want to use RSEvents and have everything synced.

So if I move over to RSMail, what kind of guarantee will I have that my Email/IP address wont be blacklisted. Is there something I can do or someway to set it up so that I can prevent it from happening? What are the best practices?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Prevent Blacklist Issues 13 years 9 months ago #11106

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSMail! has the capability to control how many email to send in specified period using a Cron task. You can even restrict the number of emails sent in one email cycle (less emails per session reduce the frequency of sent emails).

You will need to collaborate with your hosting provider in order to determine your sending limit.

With a properly configured RSMail! installation you can avoid being listed. Furthermore, RSMail! has bounce handling, which will enable you not to send useless emails.

You can read more about RSMail! here:
http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/56-rsmail-user-guide.html

Demo server:
demo.rsjoomla.com
demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!