Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: .htaccess file being re-written

.htaccess file being re-written 11 years 8 months ago #18307

my clients site has been hacked. I purchased and installed rsfirewall for her site and it doesn't detect any problems.
somewhere there is some kind of script that keeps re-writing the sites .htaccess file. My host sent me these results..
sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/socialbusiness-africa.org

I can't even find the files it mentions.. e.g. a suspicious file at mysite.com/404javascript.js isn't in my directory.

Why does this site find malware and rsfirewall doesn't?

Also, I have the scanner set to detect changes in the .htaccess file and it doesn't detect them when the file gets changed.
The online site scanner also says some joomla articles are infected e.g. site.com/index.php/article1

How do you fix this? its dynamic and when I look at the article html there isnt' anything wrong.. where is this malware being inserted on content articles?

Please help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: .htaccess file being re-written 11 years 8 months ago #18337

Better check your firewall here. Make sure only white listed IPs are allowed to get access.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!