Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can't access public side "No input file specified"

Can't access public side "No input file specified" 14 years 8 months ago #8386

• mcasner
  • Fresh Boarder
We just recently installed RS Firewall on our website. After locking down RSFirewall, we were unable to pull up any of our public pages. We were presented with a white screen with the text that read:

No input file specified.

We did some research on Joomla.org and all the posts we found with this message were related to turning on SEF in Global Config. We don't utilize the SEF setting in Global Config, so we're trying to find out what is missing that Joomla is looking for.

Has anyone else had any experiences similar to ours? This isn't the first site we've installed RSFirewall on. We've installed it on at least a dozen other sites with no issues.

I've submitted a ticket with the RSJoomla support staff, but thought asking here couldn't hurt. Any help would be grateful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can't access public side "No input file specified" 14 years 8 months ago #8387

• mcasner
  • Fresh Boarder
PROBLEM SOLVED:

Looking through some of our previous sites that had successful RSFirewall installations, we found some differences in the php.ini file that was generated by RSFirewall...

The correct file looks like this:

register_globals=Off
safe_mode=Off
allow_url_fopen=Off
allow_url_include=Off
disable_functions=show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open
open_basedir=/home/userdir/public_html

The php.ini file that was causing the "No Input file specified" looked like this:

register_globals=Off
safe_mode=Off
allow_url_fopen=Off
allow_url_include=Off
disable_functions=show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open
open_basedir=/home/otheruserdir/public_html:/home/userdir/public_html/tmp:/home/userdir/public_html/logs

The open_basedir parameter had three values, one of which was a log directory. I replaced that line with the correct value for my site and the problem was solved.

Re:Can't access public side 14 years 7 months ago #8447

• zaxx
  • Fresh Boarder
mcasner wrote:
PROBLEM SOLVED:

Looking through some of our previous sites that had successful RSFirewall installations, we found some differences in the php.ini file that was generated by RSFirewall...

The correct file looks like this:

register_globals=Off
safe_mode=Off
allow_url_fopen=Off
allow_url_include=Off
open_basedir=/home/userdir/public_html

The php.ini file that was causing the "No Input file specified" looked like this:

register_globals=Off
safe_mode=Off
allow_url_fopen=Off
allow_url_include=Off
open_basedir=/home/otheruserdir/public_html:/home/userdir/public_html/tmp:/home/userdir/public_html/logs

The open_basedir parameter had three values, one of which was a log directory. I replaced that line with the correct value for my site and the problem was solved.

Thank you! That fixed mine. This was my first install of RSFirewall so I had no previous file to compare it to. Much Appreciated!

Re:Can't access public side 14 years 5 months ago #8910

Thank you mcasner for posting the solution!

We spent a great deal of time and money trying to solve this problem. We were trying to transfer a site to a new domain when we encountered this error. At first, we thought it was a JoomlaPack issue so we purchased and tried JoomlaCloner with the same results.

We even suspected RSFirewall to be this issue and uninstalled the component before making the backup however uninstalling apparently does not touch the php.ini file.

My question for RSJOOMLA:
What is your recommended procedure for transferring a site that has RSFirewall installed on it?
Manually transferring the files and adjusting the php.ini file is a laborious process.

Thanks,
Tom

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!