Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Feature sugestion

Feature sugestion 14 years 8 months ago #8327

It would be great if we could be able to selectively turn off files (or the whole test) in the File Integrity Check.

When I create a site for clients, I remove the default templates as an extra security measure (the sites are so customized when we are done with them, the default template is useless). Even though my site is more secure because it has FEWER directories to get hacked, RSFirewall gives me a lower security rating because i don't have the "core" files...

Trying to tell my client that they are more secure than the firewall tells them is going to be tricky.. :-)

this would be a great feature to add.

thanks!
The topic has been locked.

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 8 months ago #8353

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Indeed we will add the possibility for selective scanning in our future revisions. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards!
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 7 months ago #8444

• madseman
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I really looking forward to that feature! ;)

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 7 months ago #8471

• zaxx
  • Fresh Boarder
I am glad to read that you will add selective scanning, but I think not counting missing template files as a security risk in the first place would also be a good update to your scoring system since that is not a security risk.

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 7 months ago #8551

• alexp
Hello,

This has been adjusted in the latest revision of RSfirewall (revision 7).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 6 months ago #8603

• rmeijer
  • Fresh Boarder
Some idea's for new features of rsFirewall:

Checkbox to block user ID: 62
Even when it's deleted or not used as an administrator just to prevent access.

Custom text for blocked IP's
Now you get an error like "Your IP has been blocked..."

Global Configuration - Session Lifetime
No longer than 30 minutes
Last Edit: 14 years 6 months ago by rmeijer.

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 6 months ago #8642

• alexp
Thank you,

We will take this into consideration upon releasing a new revision.
Regards,

Re:Feature sugestion 14 years 6 months ago #8664

I think it would be nice to have a feature for "print to file" or export the data. This would be especially helpful for those of us who can't automatically CHMOD files and folders.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!