Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: MaxMind server is: Invalid License Key

MaxMind server is: Invalid License Key 3 years 9 months ago #40265

• andy752
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I can't get the GeoLite2 MaxMind license key to work.
I created an account and I generated a key but there are various questions your guide doesn't cover e.g.

Old versions of our GeoIP Update program use a different license key format. Will this key be used for GeoIP Update? Yes No

Yes or No to this?

If yes then there are further questions:

[ ] Generate a license key and config file for use with geopipupdate version 3.1.1 or newer.
[ ]Generate a license key and config file for use with geoipupdate versions older than 3.1.1.
This key will be stored in an unhashed format.

Which one?

In any case I've tried all permutations and get:
Error returned by the MaxMind server is: Invalid license key

This is for www.innellangolfclub.co.uk/

Andy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MaxMind server is: Invalid License Key 3 years 9 months ago #40297

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

This should work regardless of the choice you make. You can simply select "No".

Note that however, it does take a few minutes until your key is activated (it will not work instantly after generating it). You should also ensure that you're pasting it correctly without any other trail/leading characters and after pasting it, firstly Save your settings.

The IP database can also be uploaded manually and I'm showing a screenshot with the one in question you have to download from your MaxMind account:

This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

MaxMind server is: Invalid License Key 3 years 9 months ago #40339

• RPPEO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I agree the documentation is incomplete and confusing. The reply provided by adrianp should be part of the documentation. Second issue is that the link for a Step By Set tutorial didn't show up until after I updated the database file.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by RPPEO. Reason: More info needed

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!