Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Error! Requests from referer are blocked.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 6 months ago #35886

• office72
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello together,

since my last update the "system check" dosen't work.

Reason:
Checking if your website is blacklisted Error! Requests from referer are blocked.

I think - maybe one or two IP's are blacklisted...
But i can't find out which one.

Can you help me?

TY,
Heli
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 6 months ago #35904

I got the same error while scanning the system.

Please advise.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 6 months ago #35905

I had been getting this error recently too, and thought it had something to do with the Google Safe Browsing API key - so I generated a new one, but the same issue persisted.

I disabled the Safe Browsing key completely by deleting it an leaving it blank. Once I did that I could perform the scans to completion again.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 6 months ago #35906

I was receiving the same error message, and thought it had something to do with the Safe Browsing API key, so i generated a new one, but the problems persisted - I couldn't finish a scan.

So i deleted the key all together and left it blank. Once I did that I could run a full scan to completion again.

Not sure why that's happening, I don't get the same issue on other sites I'm running RSFirewall on using that functionality.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 5 months ago #36085

I am having the same issue. I believe it is tied to IP blocking in the country blocking feature, but I can't determine which one is blocking it. If anyone knows, please respond.

Thanks

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 4 months ago #36130

• info8550
  • Fresh Boarder
My Version: RSFirewall! 2.11.5

I believe I have found the solution....

The Google "Safe Browsing" API is new to me. So I set it up today. And, as many have reported in this thread, I got an error message during my RSFirewall System Check scan.

Since I had the Google API browser page open, I decided to "Edit" my API. You can fine the edit function on the "Credentials" tab (the pencil icon). I change the API restrictions to "None". Then ran the RSFirewall System Check scan again. This time the scan found my Google "Safe Browsing" API. No more Error message during my scan.

So there you have it. I am not sure why scans works when I set my Google "Safe Browsing" API restrictions to NONE. Even Google does not recommend leaving restrictions to NONE. Nonetheless, my scan error has disappeared.

Hope this tip helps some others. Please report back if my fix works for your site.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 4 months ago #36137

I had the same problem after i deselected all countries i had blocked in country blocking I run the system check again and it was working fine. Then i selected all the countries i had blocked again and try to run the system check again but with the blocked countries in it. The problem doesn't come back no matter what country i select. So try to deselect all your countries run the test 1 time and select them again. From now on it will run well for me.

Error! Requests from referer are blocked. 7 years 4 months ago #36139

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
"Requests from referer are blocked." is a message coming straight from Google because you've added a "HTTP referrers" restriction to your API key. Since the Google Safe Browsing status is verified through a remote connection (eg. cURL), the only applicable restriction would be "IP addresses". So, there are no referrers involved in this process. Remove the "HTTP referrers" restriction since that will never work.

If you would like to add a restriction you can try "IP addresses" but you'll have to make sure that the connecting IP is the exact one you specify there. Sometimes the IP of your domain will not match the connecting IP (hosting providers might use outbound proxies or route outbound traffic through load balancers) so you have to make sure the IP is correct, otherwise you'll end up with an error message "Requests from IP address 1.2.3.4 are blocked." - 1.2.3.4 being the IP that's not in the "IP addresses" list.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: otletgazda, danny645

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!