Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Need to see log entries not blocked for ANY reason

Need to see log entries not blocked for ANY reason 7 years 7 months ago #35786

• ed1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
When looking at the RS Firewall logs I can choose to only show entries with Blocked Status "Not Blocked" but that continues to show me entries where the description says they WERE blocked by GeoIP. For example:

Alert level Date of event IP address User ID Username Page Referer Description

low 2016-09-11 11:03:58 125.27.84.69 0 tournamart.com/ tournamart.com GeoIP blocked.

low 2016-09-11 11:03:57 125.27.84.69 0 tournamart.com/index.php/login?view=reset tournamart.com/ GeoIP blocked.

I don't have a way to see the list that were NOT blocked for ANY reason so when I select all of the entries in the log file to add the IP addresses to the blacklist all of the IP addresses get added to it. The result is my blacklist is growing significantly with IP addresses that do not need to be there because they are already blocked by GeoIP.

When I look at the entries in the log file and select Blocked Status "Not Blocked" I need to NOT see the ones that are Blocked by GeoIP (or for any other reason) so I can add just those entries that are slipping past everything else to my Blacklist. Right now my blacklist is growing exponentially with IP addresses that just don't need to be there because otherwise fresh attacks from them just clutter up my log file and I can't easily see the attacks that truly aren't being blocked.

Am I missing some config option or something to do what I need?
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by ed1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!