Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Feature Request - Blacklisting based on username

Feature Request - Blacklisting based on username 7 years 8 months ago #35646

• jukeboxjunkey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My request is to allow the site administrator to enter usernames that are commonly used for hack attempts into a table and automatically blacklist them when a login attempt is made.

For example, "admin" is commonly used for hack attempts, so if a site administrator added "admin" to the table, each time a hack was attempted they'd be blacklisted immediately.

I'm finding that hackers are getting smarter and only attempting to login using a different password a couple of times in order to not get blacklisted. With an user blacklist they'd be blocked immediately.

For sites with user registrations, there should be a plugin to prevent registrations based on the usernames within this table.

Currently I have to manually blacklist a larger number of hack attempts (I manage a lot of sites) which is time consuming. This would reduce the time substantially.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sw1

Feature Request - Blacklisting based on username 7 years 2 months ago #36361

• sw1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I second this request. Maybe there is a way of doing this via the .htaccess file. If anyone has any ideas on how to permanently block users using certain usernames such as "admin", "administrator", the site name, "test" etc., please share the wisdom.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!