Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Acymailing Cronjob

Acymailing Cronjob 7 years 9 months ago #35440

• pak
  • Fresh Boarder
I just installed RSFirewall on a joomla site, where I use Acymailing with CronJob.
Now I get messages form the cronjob, that it can't its job anymore.

Url 'www.abcdef.xx/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=cron' fetched
Output:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css" type="text/css" />
<title>403: Zugriff untersagt</title>
<style type="text/css">
body {
padding-top: 40px;
padding-bottom: 40px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="container">
<div class="alert alert-error text-center">
<h4>403: Zugriff untersagt</h4>
Malware entdeckt. </div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

I left it to the default configuration. Any advice, what I must change?

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Acymailing Cronjob 7 years 7 months ago #35785

• ed1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The default command the acymailing documentation tells you to use is

wget -O /dev/null "yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=cron" > /dev/null

but wget on my site at least was blocked (by .htaccess in mycase but maybe RS Firewall is blocking in yours?). When I changed my cron job to:

lynx -connect_timeout=5 -read_timeout=10 -dump "yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=cron" >/dev/null 2>&1

the worked because lynx was not blocked. Another issue could be that your site is blocking your cron job servers IP address (or it could be blocking all France IP addresses if you're using acymailings cron server). Just look at your RS Firewall config to see which commands and/or IPs are being blocked. Also check the RS Firewall log file after the cron fails to see what it says under Description, e.g. "Blocked due to wget" or "GeoIP blocked" or similar.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by ed1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!