Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: session handler 'none' slows down administrator

session handler 'none' slows down administrator 8 years 4 months ago #33869

After we switched the session handler from 'database' to 'none' our sites were impossibly slow (sometimes 10 minutes) in the /administrator area. Front end of site loads fast as usual.

We are forced to switch back to 'database' and pray that Joomla is now secure again in this regard (with Joomla 3.4.8)

Would you strongly recommend that we switch back to 'none'?

Is there a way to keep the back-end fast with 'none'. The main problem for the slowness, it seems, is that the admin checks all extensions every time you login. (Our sites do not have a lot of extensions.)

With session handler set to 'database' you can easily interrupt the checking and go directly to another page without waiting. When set to 'none' you have to wait until all extensions are checked, making the /administrator impossible to work in.

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

session handler 'none' slows down administrator 8 years 3 months ago #34277

This problem is most likely a problem on the Hoster side.
I use None for every website, for some years now.
Even on websites with 10.000+ visitors a month and many extensions, I don't have any problems with speed.

Still, you can use Database as Session Handler if you want.
Always be sure you use the latest version of Joomla! and the extensions and never use extension which are on the Joomla! VEL list.
Regards
Wilco Alsemgeest

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking www.rsjoomla.com/my-support-tickets.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!