Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 4 months ago #33624

Hello,

I can see this is an issue for many and I have read through the forums to find the solution, but it keeps coming back to check with the server administrators. Here is what i need help with:

1. When running the running the system check I get:
open_basedir open_basedir is not used.
disable_functions disable_functions is not used. Please add the following: show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open

which leaves me at a 96% score. I want to solve these issues. I have pressed the button which created the php.ini file in the root of this particular domain. However, it is not doing anything. I read through the forums which seemed to come back that the server is not configured right and talk to the server admins.

2. I talked with the server admins who do not know what to do about this. They said i should contact the RSJoomla developers. This is inmotionhosting.com and we have a dedicated server.

3. THere are no php.ini files in any of our domain roots, so this file was added when the button was clicked to solve the problem. I have a feeling we don't have the server setup to look for php.ini files separately for each domain possibly?

I am really not sure what to do. Can you please help me, or provide me some sort of specific details i should give the server admins so they know to do?

Thanks for your help.
James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 4 months ago #33628

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
You should probably take some time to rethink about your host if that was the answer you got. They should be able to explain why local php.ini files don't work. If you do a Google search on "local php.ini file not working" you will find plenty of answers that will point out server related settings. There is nothing you can do about this (getting local php.ini files to be applied) from an RSFirewall! point of view.

PS: There are some hosts that allow PHP directives to be adjusted using htaccess declarations. You should ask them how to apply the restrictions provided by the php.ini file.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 2 months ago #34368

I think it's an issue with RS Firewall itself?

I have the commands in my php.ini file both in my home and administrator directories but the tests still come back saying they're not!!!

disable_functions=show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open

Is this a bug?

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 2 months ago #34374

• alexp
jwhitrick wrote:
I think it's an issue with RS Firewall itself?

I have the commands in my php.ini file both in my home and administrator directories but the tests still come back saying they're not!!!

disable_functions=show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, phpinfo, popen, proc_open

Is this a bug?
Why would you think this, given my previous reply ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 2 months ago #34388

My apologies yes the server team have made the changes and I no longer have disable_functions issue message showing up.
One last issue is the open_basedir message. Is that something the Server team have to apply as well, my paths all look correct?

open_basedir & disable_functions php.ini issue 8 years 2 months ago #34396

• alexp
Can you please be more precise on the actual open_basedir message you are referring to ?
Regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!