Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Malware found in cache/_system

Malware found in cache/_system 8 years 4 months ago #33467

Just starting today, I am having multiple files flagged as possible malware in these folders:

cache/_system/
administrator/cache/_system/

1. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Do you know what is causing this?

3. Is it actually malware? opening the specific files, it definitely looks like it could be...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Malware found in cache/_system 8 years 4 months ago #33470

I have the same issue now that Joomla has been updated to 3.4.6 and the latest version of the firewall was installed. It's occurring on several sites that were compromised (and repaired) yesterday, along with several sites that I know are clean. My guess is that the files are not malicious, but it would be nice to hear from the experts.

Malware found in cache/_system 8 years 4 months ago #33476

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
This may very well be a false positive. These things do happen. We can't provide an opinion on this unless we actually have a look at the reported files.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Malware found in cache/_system 7 years 1 week ago #36742

• jamiegee
  • Fresh Boarder
I have 4,000 files showing up in my cache folder which are all malware. RSFirewall spotted them but asked me if I wanted to ignore them. Would you like to see them?

Malware found in cache/_system 7 years 1 week ago #36746

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

Reports from cache folders are usually false positive as it's known to show up in the cache/ folder(s) - you're probably receiving a possible base64 detection. You can however zip a couple of these and submit the archive via our ticketing system directly so we can have a look.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!