Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can't install Joomla updates

Can't install Joomla updates 13 years 1 month ago #13297

Couldn't find out how to delete this but please ignore - found the problem - I had settings for updates via FTP, once I changed those it worked fine :).
==================
Given I didn't have this problem prior to RSFirewall, I'm presuming it's due to some setting or other within it that I now suddenly can't install Joomla updates automatically through Joomla by using components e.g. Joomla Updater etc.

I've got the Firewall backend access to accept me as User plus have all the components highlighted incl the com_installer & com_template (which is where the error seems to point) and also have gone into the Active Scanner and told it to ignore those for SQL injections. I'm unsure what other variables I need to switch off to allow for such updates.

I appreciate that this is always going to be an issue with a security feature - how to ensure that it allows those things that are necessary but could be carrying something else along the way, over those you just plain don't want to allow under any circumstances and covering all bases at the same time, so I'm content this is most likely down to my inexperience with the RSFirewall component, but perhaps someone could advise me on how best to fix this problem?
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by webmaster04. Reason: Solved
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!