Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Locked Myself Out Of Admin Control Panel!

Locked Myself Out Of Admin Control Panel! 13 years 3 months ago #12543

I just purchased RSFirewall a couple of days ago. I went into the settings and changed the user access for who can access the backend...and forgot to select my own name and locked myself out!

Whenever I try to access the backend it tells me that I'm not on the allowed users list. How do I fix this?

Where is the reset button? =)

Angie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Locked Myself Out Of Admin Control Panel! 13 years 3 months ago #12556

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

You should disable the backend access control. A similar scenario is explained here:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/52-frequently-asked-questions/263-i-lost-my-additional-backend-password.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Locked Myself Out Of Admin Control Panel! 13 years 3 months ago #12567

Thank you. I was able to resolve this issue by asking my other administrator, who had access to RSFirewall, to make the change for me. Another extension has assigned me as an author though...so at the moment, I still can't get in. But this is not your problem, I know. :)

I have tried editing some database files but maybe in my case, since I had only installed a few components, maybe it would be best just to start over.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!