Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Password keep reseting itself.

Password keep reseting itself. 13 years 6 months ago #11631

• sri-siam
  • Fresh Boarder
www.historical-wargaming-society.com/main-home.html

I recently upgraded Kunena to 1.6. Everything work fine except when I first get in to the community board (kunena), it keep saying "Legacy menu item in /main-forum (Itemid=180). Redirected to /forum (Itemid=220)" So I tried to fix it by editing old Kunena link at the top menu according to this docs.kunena.com/index.php/Customised_menus. Which do nothing except broke the whole site. I can not believe that by changing a type of a menu will ruin the whole thing. Is it possible?

NOW

1. My Joomla Preview Button bring me to KUNENA FORUM instead of the main page.
2. All of my BACK TO HOME buttons are not working.
3. All of my middle, bottom menu are gone. There are nothing in menu manager.
4. Every login doesnt work. Password keep reseting itself after I reset them in myPhP.
5. The address www.historical-wargaming-society.com should bring you to the main page here www.historical-wargaming-society.com/main-home.html instead of the forum.

The reason why I have to change my password in myPhP because the old password doesnt work. I changed it to something that works but if I log out and try to log in again, the password change to the one that doesnt work.

How to fix this problem? Oh, by the way, I am a newbie to this whole website thing. Do you think it is because RSFirewall reset the password? If not I can rule this out. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Password keep reseting itself. 13 years 6 months ago #11785

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

If you actually have RSFirewall! set to have enabled the "lock-down" mode and the password that you are trying to change is from an administrator account (backend access user) then yes, RSFirewall! does not allow you to change the password. To change these passwords you will have to disable the lockdown mode and then perform the change.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!