Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: unable to install components

unable to install components 13 years 10 months ago #10665

• hope
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.
After installing rsfirewall, I am unable to install any components and modules. I have enabled back end access control and gave myself permission with all the components. The system is NOT locked down. Here is the error message I get:

* There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Unable to find install package
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:unable to install components 13 years 10 months ago #10718

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

This can be generated by a bunch of reasons. Please make sure that you have enough space left on your hosting account and have sufficient folder permissions to the following: your Joomla tmp folder, /administrator/components, /components and /media.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:unable to install components 13 years 9 months ago #10825

• ivipopp
  • Fresh Boarder
Have the same problem...

I´ve setted enough permissions, the path is ok...
Any idea?

Re:unable to install components 13 years 9 months ago #10827

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Do you have a php.ini file in your Joomla root folder ? If this is the case, please temporarily remove it and try to install again.

To test if this is indeed generated by RSFirewall! you can also disable the RSFirewall! System plugin : Extensions > Plugin Manager
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:unable to install components 13 years 9 months ago #10846

• nahrafqifahs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hei guys,

Did you solve this problem? Last wee, i had this problem too and still cannot install any extention... same error message:

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Unable to find install package

I also tried all the suggestion above? But nothing...

Please advice, Thank you...

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!