Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RS Firewaal almost not working!

RS Firewaal almost not working! 13 years 11 months ago #10603

• hayatta
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

1. When I first bough RS Firewall a few days back, I sued to get email notifications once someone logs in to the administrator panel.
I don't get that any more.
What could be the setting that is now preventing me from getting these useful notifications?
I though it was the master password, or the "Backend Access Control". I disabled them, but still I don't get the logins recorded and I'm not notified about them.

2. I did some changes to configuration.php file after logging to the backend, but I was not notified about that. Is the the normal behaviour with RS firewall? Should I be notifed about this crucial thing?
(note: I have my confg file outside public_html folder, so is that the reason?)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RS Firewaal almost not working! 13 years 10 months ago #10717

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please note that RSFirewall has a level of alert notification. Meaning that you can set it to send a email notification if a threat of certain level is being detected. For example:

- if a user tried to log in with a unknown username, then the threat is medium
- if a known user tries to log in with a wrong password the threat is considered low.

All detected threats are logged in in the RSfirewall log.

The threat notification level can be configured in the Components > RSFirewall > Configuration > RSFirewall Logging utility: "Send only if alert level is equal or higher than".

The configuration.php file can't be included in the check as it stores various configuration options that can alternate. If you decide to keep it in your Joomla root folder you can monitor it by using the " Monitor the following files for changes" from the active scanner configuration options.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!