Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: archive_thumb always 755

archive_thumb always 755 13 years 11 months ago #10601

• hayatta
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,
When I do a security check, I always find that
images/stories/archive_thumb
is set to 777!

And its new images are 755.

I'm not sure what does that folder do, but I believe it generates the thumbnails for Joomla Media Manager.

I tried fixing that via RS firewall, and manually via FTP, but it keeps getting back to 777!

So, is there a way to fix this? Or maybe change the folder's name, or move it outside Joomla public root, so that hackers don't get advantage of it?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:archive_thumb always 755 13 years 10 months ago #10716

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

From what i can see the archive_thumb folder is not a default folder from your Joomla installation. This is most likely added by a third party component that also chmod-es the folder whenever it performs a upload or something similar. It would be best to verify what component/plugin/module is using that folder.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!