Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can I opt the Backend access control?

Can I opt the Backend access control? 13 years 11 months ago #10581

• hayatta
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

I have 5 persons who have backend access(superadmins, admins, managers.

I noticed "Backend Access Control"
Which sounded really cool.

But can I opt it?

I mean, can I prevent another superadmin from accessing say the banners component?

I tried, but it seems that it if I prevent someone I prevent all, and if I grant someone the access, I grant them all.

Or maybe there is another way, that I'm not aware of.

Please advise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I opt the Backend access control? 13 years 11 months ago #10584

• jwhite47
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!,

Did you try going to Firewall Config / Backend Access Control? If you enable this feature you can then hold down CTRL and select whom you want to have back-end access; HOWEVER you must also select the components the users you selected can access. (list below the back end user list) ... you can again select specific components for those users or all components, you cannot select for individual users that would be an RFE (Request for Enhancement)

Make sure you press apply / save else your changes wont take affect.

Regards,
John.

Re:Can I opt the Backend access control? 13 years 11 months ago #10585

• hayatta
  • Junior Boarder
jwhite47 wrote:
Hi!,

Did you try going to Firewall Config / Backend Access Control? If you enable this feature you can then hold down CTRL and select whom you want to have back-end access; HOWEVER you must also select the components the users you selected can access. (list below the back end user list) ... you can again select specific components for those users or all components, you cannot select for individual users that would be an RFE (Request for Enhancement)

Make sure you press apply / save else your changes wont take affect.

Regards,
John.

That's what I did. What I had in mind is the "select for individual users".

Allow me to ask another question:
If want to disallow access to the banner component, then I'll be also included in the ban, right?
See this image:
img339.imageshack.us/img339/8757/screenshot018n.jpg

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!