Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Folder Permissions Check

Folder Permissions Check 13 years 11 months ago #10486

• Zindadil
  • Fresh Boarder
After performing the System Check, it presented with a list of folders with permissions of 777.

I recursively changed the permission of these folders to 775 but the System Check still lists these folders in the "Folder Permissions Check" albeit with the permission of 775.

Clicking on the button "Click here to fix this problem", makes no difference.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Rgds
Jay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Folder Permissions Check 13 years 11 months ago #10499

I found that when changing the ownership of the files to apache resolved the issue. If your server is Linux and you have root access typing the following command changes the permissions to apache allowing RSFirewall's "fix problems" button to change the permissions:
chown -R 48 *

Problem here is that if you change the file permisison to apache you will not be able to modify the files via FTP without changing the permissions back to what ever account you are using else you would need to login to your FTP or SFTP server with ROOT access.

(This means that if the account you are using is "user1" then you would need to again type " chown -R user1 * " to change all the files and folder ownership to user1.)

I hope this helps!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!