Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: A few questions from a new user plse

A few questions from a new user plse 14 years 1 week ago #10345

i am just getting to grips with rsfirewall, and while i like it, im finding it hard to set things correctly....

if i may i would like to ask a few questions here, i have gone over every thread here looking for answers, and have found some that have answered some of what i needed.

1, my error logs keep showing this error message, edited for privacy:

[Tue Apr 20 20:18:31 2010] [error] [client ] File does not exist: /home/****/public_html/404.shtml, referer: /components /com_rsfirewall/assets/css/rsfirewall.css
[Tue Apr 20 20:18:31 2010] [error] [client ] File does not exist: public_html/administrator/components/com_rsfirewall/assets/images /background.gif, referer: /administrator /components /com_rsfirewall /assets/css /rsfirewall.css

Now looking in the css file, and the images folder, the file it is referencing doesnt exist, would you know why this is???

also i am using jomsocial, and when i do a system check rsfirewall, wants to crezte a php.ini file in my root to disable certain things, and thats fine, and it does that, but then users frontend can not upload any photos, what do i need to do to enable this, but still have the protection from rsfirewall?

if i rename the php file yes photo uploads work, but then rsfirewall wants to recreate the php file again.

lastly for now, "RSFirewall! Active Scanner" i am totally confused as to what components i need to select to make sure rsfirewall doesnt interfere with things that should work etc

as you know im using jomsocial and im guessing i should select that, and it has this component too, rsfirewall, do you have a rough default that i should select or not?

also in this part it says select components that use wysiwyg editors so that it doesnt interfere with them, well again im unsure exactly what is considered to use one, jomsocial?

sorry im not an expert with these things, and i hope you can help me....

Richard.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A few questions from a new user plse 14 years 1 week ago #10346

just to update you...

jomsocial needs open dir and safe mode disabled.

As shown below.

I have a .htaccess file too, and im wondering if they are conflicting in some way, because if i eidit out the open dir bit in the php file created by rsfirewall, photo upload works, but of course i still get the warning message from rsfirewall that open dir needs to be disbaled....

Disable safe_mode & openbase_dir

Some hosting providers have openbase_dir and safe mode enabled. In order for the photo upload, video conversion and Amazon S3 support to work, you have to disable them. If your hosting allows you to override the Apache's configuration, you need to override the vhost configuration

<Directory /home/yourdomain/public_html/>
php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Directory>

If your webhost allows for .htaccess override, locate your .htaccess file in the root Joomla directory and add these lines into it

php_admin_flag safe_mode off
php_admin_value open_basedir none

Re:A few questions from a new user plse 13 years 11 months ago #10597

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

It is generally recommended to keep the safe mode option turned off. As for the open_basedir restriction, you can use but you will have to include all paths that Jomsocial uses.

As for the CSS file, it was probably missing because the installation process did not transferred all the files due to writing permissions. Please set the permissions properly and run the installation file again:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/documentations/50-installing-and-uninstalling/226-performing-a-new-installation.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by alexp.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!