Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Add Custom Fields to Event Creation page

Add Custom Fields to Event Creation page 14 years 1 month ago #9903

• bhatrag
  • Fresh Boarder
I need support to add custom fields like "Guest Name" for Event creation page. Can it be done without editing the source code. If not what are the other options?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Add Custom Fields to Event Creation page 14 years 1 month ago #9913

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You cannot add a new field to the event creation page without changing the source code.It is not recommended to change the source code because you will lose all changes once an update is performed.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Add Custom Fields to Event Creation page 14 years 5 days ago #10317

• ccgeelong
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
andreic wrote:
Hello,

You cannot add a new field to the event creation page without changing the source code.It is not recommended to change the source code because you will lose all changes once an update is performed.

It is a real shame that this cannot be done. I would love to be able to use RSEvents along with RSForm as a booking system. But without the ability to add custom fields, I am stuck using other components that are not as user friendly as those from RSJoomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ariannejad

Add Custom Fields to Event Creation page 11 years 3 months ago #20933

• klause89
  • Fresh Boarder
Which other component do you use to add custom field in the page ?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!