Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Locations in Alphabetical Order

Locations in Alphabetical Order 14 years 5 months ago #9145

We are trying to figure out how to set the locations up in Alphabetical order. Currently when we add events to calendar and do a drop down of the locations it's hard to read through all locations until you find the right one.

It would be better to do the drop down and read locations in alphabetical order.

Can you please let me know if this is possible and if not what changes I can make.

*Small snap shot attached...
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Locations in Alphabetical Order 14 years 5 months ago #9156

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

Please make sure you are using the latest revision of RSEvents!.

Also right next to the location dropdown there is a field you can use to filter locations.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Locations in Alphabetical Order 14 years 5 months ago #9160

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Yes my support request was based on latest release. I am using the latest release (12/02/09) and location names are still random.

When selecting a location while adding or editing an event all location names are in a random list. It would be great for locations to be in alphabetical order for user friendliness. Under our tests we've already added about 50 locations and it's tedious to be going up and down the list trying to find a location. There is a field next to drop down but not sure of it's effectiveness. It's not ajax and there's no way to click search or anything like that in order to locate a location. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Does the latest version have an alphabetical option setting? Thanks for your help...

Re:Locations in Alphabetical Order 14 years 5 months ago #9164

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

Currently the list of location is populated in the order that you saved your locations in your database. We will try to add this feature in our future revisions.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Locations in Alphabetical Order 14 years 4 months ago #9453

Hello,

I installed the latest version of RSEvents a few days ago but the location options are still the same. No alphabetical order and no ajax options as mentioned in the changelog. Am I missing something?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!