Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: searching for events by STATE of event location

searching for events by STATE of event location 14 years 7 months ago #8530

Using location as a search point is ok for local events where people know the venue. If people from a distance do a search based on the location, it is possible they will have no idea where something is from the hint in the search that has the name of the location (a hotel name, a building name, a park name, a church name, etc. without the physical location).

I have a need to provide a search for events to be listed by the state they are located in. Or... to provide a page that has a dropdown with a list of states.

Do you have suggestions on how I could approach this?

Thanks.

David P.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:searching for events by STATE of event location 14 years 6 months ago #8798

• sinnary
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you get a response to this? What I did was make the states my categories. They have a feature to list events by category which works great. But, I'm now challenged w/how the events are sorted. So, I have a ticket open with RSJoomla.

Re:searching for events by STATE of event location 14 years 6 months ago #8832

I didn't get a response to this.

If this topic is important to you, why don't you go to:

feedback.rsjoomla.com/pages/26179-joomla...ent-manager-rsevents

and vote on it.

As I see it right now, RSEvents is only suited for inviting people to local, well known locations. If you put up the name of a hotel as the location of the event, when people search for events at that location they may think it is in their city when it is not.

Also, as you have a few hundred people create events, this one drop down will get crazy.

The locations function of RSEvents has to develop a bit. I think each person who creates events (could be any member of the system) should have their username inserted in the row that defines the venue. Then when they are creating an event, THEIR locations show up or they can create one for THEIR location.

Then in the search area, we should be able to look based on date (calendar) type (category) phrase (search) and LOCATION (state / city). This last function of searching by locality is not available and it is really needed.

If the developers at RSJoomla are busy with other projects, I may be interested in pooling in with others to find an independent developer to create this capability. Who else is interested?

David P

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!