Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: remove guest menu but keep 'subscribe' plus more..

remove guest menu but keep 'subscribe' plus more.. 14 years 8 months ago #8402

• morktron
  • Fresh Boarder
A few questions:

1. a) I've managed to make a custom theme for an event I'd like to remove the guest menu but keep the 'subscribe' button and change it to 'book now'. Can this be done? If it can't then please let me know where the code is that generates the guest menu and I'll try to do it manually.

b) Ideally I'd like the events page to already have the booking form on it without the user having to click on 'subscribe', is this possible?

2. Can I disable the 'wire transfer' option and use PayPal only? I'm using RSForms Pro as a custom form for RSEvents

3. On the event page I'd like to change 'The event will start on:' to 'The tour will start on:' , I changed the text in en-GB.com_rsevents.ini but it didn't seem to change anything.

4. The client basically wants a website that lets people book a tour on Tue or one on Thursday using PayPal and for their to be a max of 8 bookings per tour. The tours repeat every week. There is only one type of 'ticket' so
a) do people have to choose a ticket in order for it to work
b) will the client need to create new tickets for every event even if it is repeating?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:remove guest menu but keep 'subscribe' plus more.. 14 years 8 months ago #8403

• morktron
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the code that generates the guest menu :)

It's in components/com_rsevents/helpers/rsevents.php line 308 to 318. I just put some // in front of the menu items I didn't want. Shame to have to modify the RSEvents core though. I'll need to keep a note if I do an upgrade.

For the moment I will hide the Payment Method, Tickets and Number of tickets with CSS, it should work still since PayPal is already selected, there is only one ticket type and only one ticket can be bought at a time.

I changed the text in en-GB.com_rsevents.ini

Hope that helps someone...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!