Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: JoomSEF Plugin

JoomSEF Plugin 14 years 9 months ago #8129

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have installed the JoomSEF plugin for RSEvents but get a error 404 page instead of the events. This is after some tweeking, previously I was getting SQL errors instead.

Is there some configuring that needs doing to sort this out ?

Alternatively is there a way of ignoring the events module when using JoomSEF as I don't strictly need SEF urls for events but do for the rest of the site.

If I set the JoomSEF component to 'skip' RSEvents I get the following error:

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference *****************************/components/com_sef/joomsef.php on line 815

This is quite important as the RS Events does not allow use of the standard Joomla SEO settings - so an alternative is a must.
Last Edit: 14 years 9 months ago by tobypsl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:JoomSEF Plugin 14 years 9 months ago #8130

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

RSEvents! does not need any 3rd party component for SEF. RSEvents! has integrated Joomla! SEO; there's a file called router.php in components/com_rsevents that does all the SEO, just like the Joomla! MVC architecture requires it: docs.joomla.org/Joomla_Routes_and_SEF

If you take a look at the RSEvents! Demo page:
demo.rsjoomla.com/rsevents-demo/events.html

You will notice that the links are search engine friendly:
demo.rsjoomla.com/rsevents-demo/events/e...-my-first-event.html
demo.rsjoomla.com/rsevents-demo/events/e...my-second-event.html
demo.rsjoomla.com/rsevents-demo/events/event/3-music-event.html
without the use of any 3rd party SEF component.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:JoomSEF Plugin 14 years 9 months ago #8134

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello

This issue has been resolved by the support team as I created a ticket. However, with more than one site using this component, I need to know how to resolve it myself.

I am interested to know why, if RS Events has it's own SEF handling file, non of my sites work when SEF is enabled within Joomla site configuration ?

I wouldn't have bothered installing JoomSEF that being the case, as I gather it places higher load on the DB.

Is there some seperate configuring of the RS Events file that I need to do ?

regards

Re:JoomSEF Plugin 14 years 9 months ago #8229

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

No there is nothing else that you need to configure... just make sure you are using at least revision 7 of RSEvents.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!