Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Before I purchase Question

Before I purchase Question 12 years 1 month ago #16865

Here's what I need it to do.. please tell me is can do this for me.

I cam creating a website when people can register

(Register FREE)Once they register on the site - I want them to be able to post their event and have it show up on the site with a basic layout of the event. (from front end)

(Paid Register) If a register pays they get to submit an event with more detail in it, like a picture, map video etc.... more bells and whistles)

Can your component be set up to do this? Please let me know.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Before I purchase Question 12 years 1 month ago #16933

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

RSEvents! does not have the functionality that you are looking for available by default. In order to allow users to create events from the front-end you will need to allow them to access the "Add event" form(this is done from the "Add event" menu item). Since the same form will be used for both paying and non-paying members, in order to display a different layout for each user type you will need to set a different theme for the events based on the user type. You will need to create a simple theme that displays the general event information for non-paying users and a more complex theme for paying users. Since users can access all themes by default when creating an event, you will need some custom scripting and component source code modifications in order to restrict users to select only one theme based on their user type(paying or non-paying). I recommend reading the RSEvents! step by step guide for a better understanding of the component's features and functionality, a PDF version of this guide can be downloaded from the product's documentation :

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-knowledgebase.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!