Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: rsevents versus ohanah

rsevents versus ohanah 12 years 1 month ago #16633

• gho
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I have to upgrade for the actual vrsion of rsevents and had a look o another event software called 'ohanah'.

I like rsevents but some questions remains:

1. about this site here: It would be fine to have a faq section putting questions of general interestabout the actual version, here never the supplier will answer and normally other users can't.

2. The question:
e.g.: I wonder if rsevents has in actual version something like module assignements as ohanas do. For me, the List view and the detail viwe must be assignable to different places, in my version 23 it is fixed. When I give the list of events a smaller place, the detail view has alos this smaller view, not nice ?

Not knowing much about actual version, and considering that the slights published are not of much interest to know how works actual version, I am embarassed.
Regards
gho
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: rsevents versus ohanah 12 years 1 month ago #16638

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Gho

I have found configuring my own views for module and content views in R Events is reasonably straight forward. I'm no expert but I've worked out pretty much everythng I need to using intuition. For any support issues the RS Joomla team have always been fairly excellent.

You can use the placeholders to assign the details you want piece by piece in the modules. In the content detail views you can also configure different views with total flexibility in how you choose which information to present and sequence in which it is presented.

Hope this helps,

regards,
Toby

Re: rsevents versus ohanah 12 years 1 month ago #16655

Toby, I have two fairly simple questions, maybe you could answer.

1) I want the events to sort from soonest to furthest, it seems the default is furthest to soonest. I can't seem to find any way to configure that ?

2) Any way to make a field span both columns in a two column design.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Re: rsevents versus ohanah 12 years 1 month ago #16770

pmcnamara wrote:
Toby, I have two fairly simple questions, maybe you could answer.

1) I want the events to sort from soonest to furthest, it seems the default is furthest to soonest. I can't seem to find any way to configure that ?

2) Any way to make a field span both columns in a two column design.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

I discovered that the sort order is set in the menu parameters.

Still no luck on the spanning.

Re: rsevents versus ohanah 12 years 1 month ago #16894

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The spanning would be a nice feature, as it stands I don't think there is an existing option. I haven't looked at the possibility of creating a new design though. i think the 'design' emphasis is probably on look rather than structure anyway.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!