Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Edit event from Front End?

Edit event from Front End? 12 years 2 months ago #16489

• mmeyer
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the Add event working, and the Add location, and they can edit locations from the list, but there does not seem to be a way for a front-end user to edit an existing event. Am I missing something? Or is this not possible currently?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Edit event from Front End? 12 years 2 months ago #16490

Its in the host menu.... Edit the "theme" that the even is using, and add the hostmenu placeholder somewhere.

Re: Edit event from Front End? 12 years 2 months ago #16494

• mmeyer
  • Fresh Boarder
Aha! Thanks! However, I added it, and nothing shows. (I double-checked that the group my user belongs to is in the editor group on rsevents - not sure what else to look at)

After looking, it says I need to install the hostmenu module, but I can't find that anywhere. It does not appear in the downloads section for me.

Ok. The module is there (must have been added when the component installed?). However, I still don't see anything, anywhere. The module says the position is none - should that still work, since I am putting it in the theme?

Hmmm. Guess I will open a ticket. Feeling kind of dumb right now, but I'll get over it! It is probably some stupid little setting that I am not seeing.
Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by mmeyer. Reason: more info again.

Re: Edit event from Front End? 12 years 3 weeks ago #17055

it's just a bot.. If you find a solution for your problem, can you post it here so others can benefit?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!