Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Events where the Date is still unknown

Events where the Date is still unknown 12 years 3 months ago #16297

• petraboe
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello!
On our site we show the events witz Location and Date. But what can I do, if I want to show the event but it has still no date? How can I create a solution?

Thanks,
Petra
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Events where the Date is still unknown 12 years 2 months ago #16409

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Perhaps if you make those courses member of a specific grou of events and thhen use a diffferent display (you can duplicate your default display but give it a new name). Then you can potentially eliminate the actual date placeholder from the display. You would probably still have to put a specimen date in the back end but it doesn't have to show front end.

Obviouslly this solution is limited as the courses with dates wouldn't show dates when using this display format.

I recenttly started using the Event url placeholder to put free text in (as I don't use the url as it's the same as the site advertising the events). You could potentially put text like "Date TBC" in this field and rename it in your new display.

This is an off the otp of my head suggestion so i don't know if it would work, but it's what I'd loook at before rtying to code any changes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!