Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Display Event Duration (RSEvents)

Display Event Duration (RSEvents) 12 years 3 months ago #16112

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Currently in both the Event Themes and the 'Upcoming Module' it's possible to display start and end dates for events.

I'd like to display a duration in the upcoming module, so the list looks something like this:

Course Title 1 - Location1
Start Date: 1st feb 2012 (2 Days)

Course Title 2 - Location2
Start Date: 25th Feb 2012 (1 Day)

Course Title 3 - Location3
Start Date: 3rd Mar 2012 (1 Day)

etc.

Since every course has 2 dates I'm guessing a calculation is possible, but this would presumably involve a javascript calculation. I'm guessing the module layout doesn't accept javascript.

So failing this is there any way to define an additional placeholder for a piece of free text. This could have many uses and adds a degree of flexibility to the component.
Last Edit: 12 years 3 months ago by alexp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Display Event Duration (RSEvents) 12 years 3 months ago #16114

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've found a work around for the upcoming module: because all of the events I list are on my own website I don't tend to use the Event URL so I commandeered the placeholder {EventURL} to use as a free text placeholder in which i can put (2 days) etc. Fortunately it doesn't validate the url so this works. There appears to be another placeholder for {EventLink} which might also be available, but I haven't checked to see what or where that appears in the Event description themes.

I still think having at least 1 free text placeholder in the Event description would definitely add a bit of versatility to an otherwise already excellent component.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!