Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSEvents with JomSocial

RSEvents with JomSocial 12 years 3 months ago #15997

• scotland
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm using RSEvents, RSMembership and RSFormPro

I've got the plugin which shows event details on JomSocial Profile but is there any other integration between the two?

if you add an event in jomsocial it doesn't appear to 'pickup' any of the event settings from RSEvents......

Any help/knowledge of using the 2 together would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: RSEvents with JomSocial 12 years 3 months ago #16016

• abigscot
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem. I don't understand why a user event in jomsocial would not automatically show in the main calendar.

Thanks for you help

Re: RSEvents with JomSocial 12 years 3 months ago #16071

• fyistudio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moreover, lets say you want users to have to be a registered user in order to subscribe to an event. There is no way to redirect them to the jomsocial registration page. You can only redirect them to the joomla standard registration page which is not what I want. There is a way to redirect to the Community Builder registration page. Why is jomsocial not an option. Or at the very least, why not give us the option to redirect to a url page instead?

I hope a developer will respond to this?
Last Edit: 12 years 3 months ago by fyistudio. Reason: clarifying comment

Re: RSEvents with JomSocial 12 years 3 months ago #16273

• tnet
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone figured out how to change the title of the RSEvents plugin as it appears on the JomSocial user profile? It says "RSEvents!" and I want it to say something that makes more sense to the user like "My Events".

I submitted a support ticket to RSJoomla and all they said was that it involves changing code and they will not tell me where. Unbelievably unhelpful. I have searched through the plugin files and the language files. I found two place once in plg_rsevents.php and once in plg_rsevents.xml where it says name = RSEvents! and changed it to My Events but it had no effect.

Does anyone know where to change this?

Thank you.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!