Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Trying to select registration form, list is grey

Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 11 months ago #13722

In RSEvents I am trying to select the registration form for my event but all of my forms (that I have created in RSForms Pro) are greyed out and not selectable. Next to each of the forms is the message: (Add RSEvents Form Components First)

Is there something else I have to install before I can select one of my RSForms as my registration form?

Thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 11 months ago #13723

So it looks like there is a plugin that can be found under the RSFormsPro files for RSEvents. But when I install it, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method RSFormProHelper::isJ16() in /data/25/0/67/30/67682/user/68913/htdocs/administrator/components/com_rsinstaller/install.rsinstaller.php on line 16

Any idea what causes this error message?

Re: Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 6 months ago #15133

I also have the same problem. I have created a form with the relevent RSevents fields i.e First Name, Last Name, Email, No of Tickets.
On the drop down, I can see the form, but I can only select the default.

How do you enable the form?

Re: Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 6 months ago #15144

Apparently you have to select all the fields (payment type, no of tickets etc) before the form will show up. I am still trying to work out how to disable the display of extra fields you don't require.

Re: Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 6 months ago #15148

Ok Found out that in order not to have to select fields like Payment type and Coupon, You need to create to go to your event, Enable Registration = Yes, and then click on the Manage Ticket types. Create a Ticket with a Name say 'Free Ticket' set the price to 0 (zero), then select that ticket for the event using the tick box, then hit the Back button. Once you have done that you don't have select the payment and coupon fields in your RSForm.
:)

Re: Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 5 months ago #15397

• k8fisher
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

been using the standard for till now, with free events not great but still in testing. Anyway all events FREE, price 0 etc, registration allowed. Cant see how to stop "payment type" being required ?

Have latest rsevents, latest rsforms, rsevent plugin for rsform installed and turned on.

How do I stop payment type showing up / being required?

Any thoughts v welcome

Re: Trying to select registration form, list is grey 12 years 2 months ago #16417

Awww Grrrl.

After an absurd amount of monkeying about, I think I have this relationship figured out.

In order for a custom RSForm to appear as active (aka not grey) in the selection list, the form fields must match your event configuration EXACTLY. if A parallels A, and B parallels B, then form is active in list.

For example - if you have not added a payment component to the RSForm, you need to make sure that there are no payment methods selected in your event configuration (aka NONE highlighted in the payment method list within your event).

Likewise, you don't have to have a ticket component added in RSForms if there are no ticket-types associated with your event in RSEvents. (I'm still a little confused as to how tickets are associated with the event... but then again I'm semi-retarded and spend more time watching my fingers type than I do reading what said fingers type).

If the moon aligns perfectly over the lady and the tramp, these two components will dance the night away... but try to serve spaghetti in a wineglass - and yer pooched.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!