Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Multilingual event information and description???

Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11025

• kc.chan
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there no way to make the event information such as location name, address, event name, description, etc, multilingual? It doesn't seem to work with Joomfish...

What is the point of having the component multilingual if you can't store events information in different languages?

Please tell me there's a way to do this, otherwise I'll be very disappointed. :S
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by kc.chan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11026

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

The multi-language functionality can be achieved by creating separate categories for events from different languages. Basically you will need to duplicate the categories, locations and events and display a certain category depending on the site language.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11028

• kc.chan
  • Fresh Boarder
That only works if the user accessed the event through the events category list of the same language. What if the user was originally on an event page and wants to switch to another language with Joomfish (using lang GET value and session)?

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11035

• kc.chan
  • Fresh Boarder
Nobody has an answer?

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11042

• alexp
Hello,

The event page is actually a direct link to the component. You will notice that you have a multiple languages installed, RSEvents! will automatically change the language of the event frame. For example, instead of "hosted by" you will have the translation of "hosted by".

...so yes when addressing this - RSEvents! is multilingual.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11043

• alexp
Hello,

I will try to offer a native Joomla! example so you can understand why content isn't easy translatable. Take one article blog layout, published on your site. You can click on one of the article items. It will display in the default language, but in the same time if you change the language, the article will not be translated.
Regards,

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11047

• kc.chan
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I wasn't looking for a reason why it is not easily translatable, I was simply looking for a way to do it. And apparently a LOT of other Joomla components do have translatable content... you can look it up on the Joomla site. If you can't make the content translatable, then you shouldn't even mention that it's multilingual in the component documentation! THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING!

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11051

• alexp
We are not looking to rip off anybody... i have clarified what exactly can be translated that is a RSEvents! matter and has source code implications. As far as RSEvents! goes, everything is in place for a third party translation component.

Have you tried to method posted on the Joomfish documentation ?

http://www.joomfish.net/en/documentation/developer-docs/30-creation-of-content-elements

As i mentioned in your ticket reply, having unsatisfied customers is the last thing we want.

I would love to know what part of the documentation was unclear (or it states - "to work with Joomfish you have to perform the following steps") or has mislead you so we can avoid this in the future.

As a general announcement - help us to help you. What would you like to see in the product documentation ?
Regards,

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 13 years 7 months ago #11052

• kc.chan
  • Fresh Boarder
See the support ticket.

Re:Multilingual event information and description??? 12 years 2 months ago #15962

Why can't some write an element and post it for download for the rest of us.
I will probably look elsewhere if I can't have translations.
I may have just wasted $60 for a one year subscription.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!