Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can RS products do this ?

Can RS products do this ? 7 years 10 months ago #34972

• hwd
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I am wondering if I can achieve what I am looking for using a combination of RSJoomla components.

I am thinking maybe using RSDirectory and RSNewsletterRSMail and RSforms

The site will be "sort of" a business directory, to be used by registered users only, which will all be from within a particular industry eg: "Schools"

The site will be used by two main groups, "Schools" and "Suppliers" both of which will be registered users.

Suppliers (which will consist of Trades people and many other service and product suppliers)

I want "Schools" to be able to come to the site and very simply choose from "Category" eg: Plumber.

Then, the School can post a "Job" or "Service" that they need, then, importantly, I need all the trades/suppliers to be AUTOMATICALLY notified of this job, eg: Only suppliers who are listed in a certain category (in this case it would be "Plumbers"

So, I am thinking, If when a "School" posts a job, that content is posted on the site and RS Newsletter can send the details to a specific Newsletter " List"...automatically, eg: To all the registered plumbers, who then contact the School directly if they are interested in the Job.

I understand all of this would require a lot of customisation, but my question is, is RS Directory and RS Newsletter capable doing this ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!