Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Expansion of Joomla

Expansion of Joomla 9 years 9 months ago #28158

• sawan15
  • Fresh Boarder
:) :) :) I have a requirement to build one parent site and few child sites..using domain and sub-domain concept and want to have installations of joomla at parent and all sub-domains. But I want only my parent site to hold user data and Alpha user points data while my child sites would be hosting components and modules separately and use user data and Alpha user points data from parent site.

Could any one suggest me is it a good Architecture to go and is there any extension or component already available to achieve it. Example
below:

parent site movies.com Child sites braveheart.movies.com, troy.movies.com

I will have forums, blogs and other component installations at braveheart and troy sub-domains seperately while my Alpha user points and users db/tables would reside at movies.com(main domain).

It's like single-sign on or Centralised Alhpa user points, but free to install same component and modules at different sub-domains.

Highly appreciate any replies or solutions proposed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Expansion of Joomla 9 years 9 months ago #28191

• sawan15
  • Fresh Boarder
someone help me findout......... :) :) :)
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sawan15. Reason: not better
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!