Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Request: Proper naming of downloads

Request: Proper naming of downloads 11 years 4 months ago #20494

• nathan41
  • Fresh Boarder
It would be really helpful to come up with a system of naming your files. Just makes it that much easier to see if I have the latest files already on my computer, or what on earth the files are in the first place.

E.g: instead of plg_content.zip, why not RSEventsPro_Plg_J2.5-3.0_Content1.0.5.zip

One more way to satisfy your customers! And it's easy!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Request: Proper naming of downloads 11 years 4 months ago #20502

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Noted! We will take this into consideration for our future releases.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Add version to filename in download section 11 years 1 month ago #22032

• CHCG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

here is a thing that has been bugging me a long time (and that goes for all RS extensions: RSJoomla doesn't include version numbers to the file names in the download section. This makes it impossible to know which extensions (components, modules and plugins) that have been updated and need to be downloaded.

It is especially annoying, having no way to tell if modules and plugins have also been updated when a new version of the component is released.

It couldn't be difficult to add version numbers for clarity.

Thank you!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!