Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: CHMOD Permissions error

CHMOD Permissions error 16 years 10 months ago #936

I've installed Forme and when it comes to changing permissions on the Uploads folder I get the error:

Cannot change attributes of the remote file/folder.

I'm actually having this problem with a number of other folders in Joomla. If someone could solve this for me I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Bruce
<br><br>Post edited by: brucem, at: 2007/06/27 00:21
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CHMOD Permissions error 16 years 10 months ago #942

• de Rooy
  • Junior Boarder
Anything you will install have a owner of the default apache user this is not a forme issue

Re:CHMOD Permissions error 16 years 10 months ago #945

try using JoomlaXplorer to set the permissions to 777, I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Re:CHMOD Permissions error 16 years 10 months ago #947

Thanks it works perfectly. :)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!