Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Some suggestions

Some suggestions 16 years 11 months ago #89

Hi

Nice module, straightforward and easy.
However I have some suggestions for the next releases.

1) when you edit a field already present, avoid to put the field at the end. Can become little bit annoying if you have big forms :)

2) a more quick way to order the fields.
Using only the arrows up and down become painful if you have more than 20 fields

3) would be GREAT if the component could store the data as article in a specific section/category.
i.e. use the form to create an article, using the \"email\" form.
I would use a form to acquire data and since you can already \"format\" an email to receive, would be great to save that email as \"article\" in a section/category, so that others can search/see/edit such data.

4) as other pointed out, the first priority would be to find a way to update the component without losing the created forms.

I'm sure than using the component will generate more suggestions :-)

Thanks
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Some suggestions 16 years 11 months ago #96

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
1) true. i will fix that.
2) true. i will add the joomla standard textfields which allow you to add the order number
3) Could you post to General Talk >> Component suggestion this idea with few more details? Thanks.
4) true. i will add that for sure

Re:Some suggestions 16 years 11 months ago #105

admin wrote:
3) Could you post to General Talk >> Component suggestion this idea with few more details? Thanks.
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick answer.
I thought this was the suggestions area, under General Talk I see only two areas :
- Public Announcements
- My component idea

Anyway, the idea is quite simple, not sure of course the implementation :-)
The form generate an email and you receive it.
The wish is to have the email content also (or instead) to be \"published\" under an existent section/category of Joomla, like if somebody created the content.
For example, let say that under your website you create a section called fromform and a category, under that section, called form1.
Would be GREAT to be possible to save the contents generated by the form, every time somebody hit the submit, as standard articles.

Another wish (like the one before I don't dare to call them suggestions :-) ) would be to have a mambot capable to put the form into an article.

Anyway, great work in so few time !

C'ya
Steve

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!