Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can I add fields dynamicly?

Can I add fields dynamicly? 16 years 11 months ago #813

• Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
I have not yet purchased this component, but am curious if it will allow me to add fields on the fly to my form.

Example:

I sell widgets on my site. I would like someone to be able to order as many widgets as they want, maybe four of one size and 3 of another.

so the for starts out like
|  name  |  width  |  height  |  length  |  quantity  |

and has a button that says \"add another widget\" that when clicked, makes the form look like this:
|  name    |  width    |  height    |  length    |  quantity   |

|  name 2  |  width 2  |  height 2  |  length 2  |  quantity 2 |

Example here: www.quirksmode.org/dom/domform.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I add fields dynamicly? 16 years 11 months ago #816

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,

doing this requires a bit of tweaking of the code.. not so easy to do unfortunately. I'll try thinking of a solution.

Re:Can I add fields dynamicly? 16 years 11 months ago #817

• Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!