Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: very dissapointed

very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #674

Alex,

I am very disappointed. I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Forme 1.0.3 for very good reason. Your first release was flawless on the day of its release.

I saw your release today and I was very excited. I can finally use forme to its full potential!

Then I realize that it is now a commercial version. This upset me at first, but then I realized I would have donated anyway, so, no big deal, its only $10.

Now that I am a paying customer, I expect perfection. This is far from what I received. The form I built in 1.0.2 (quite an extensive form and took a while to build the way I wanted) is lost. There is no import utility. This was a very bad sign.

I was able to customize the style in the last release (as I said, no complaints on 1.0.2). With the new form I add style elements, save them, and see no changes.

So in the end, I have now paid for a form component that is worse than the free one that was working just fine. All I really needed was an HTML editor for the thank you emails. Thats all 1.0.2 was lacking for my uses.

Overall, I am still impressed by your work. Your business sense, not so much. I disagree with your sales tactics, and the number one rule in this game is to support your followers. If you are going to release a paid/commercial version after releasing a free GNU/GPL version, it had better be perfect. This is not what I see yet.

Please let me know when these issues have been resolved.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #675

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Everybody grab a rock and smack Alex's head with it..

Damn..

Let's solve this together..

Unfortunately, the 1.0.3 structure has changed, so i removed the backup/restore function since it was not compatible no more. But i will add it again, since you are not the only one asking for it.. I'll come up with a solution.

Sorry for that, sorry for everything i am doing wrong.. what can i say.. i explained to the others also what my problem is and i hope you'll understand it also.. I will let you know when the update is on, so you'll be able to update your 1.0.3(with backup/restore) functions.

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #678

Any word on why the styles no longer work?

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #685

• alex
I have added individual(by field) style customization. This allows you to customize your fields individually, separated by the default form field template. Try copying your Edit the field style: into one of your fields Custom Style, and see if that works. Let me know..

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #715

I do not think you are understanding my issue. The styles page allows for editing. but no styles are working. I want to align my form to the left for example, doesn't work no matter how you slice it.

I also want to put the {fieldtitle} above the {fielddesc}.

In the previous version of Forme (1.0.2) I used the following code:

Edit the form style:
<div align=\"left\" style=\"width:100%\" class=\"header_text\"><h1>{formtitle}</h1></div>
<form name=\"{formname}\" id=\"{formname}\" method=\"post\" action=\"{action}\" {enctype} onsubmit=\"return 

ValidateForm(fields);\">
	<table width=\"100%\" border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" class=\"heading\">
	{formfields}
	</table>
</form>

Edit the field style:
<tr>
	<td align=\"left\" class=\"header_text\"><h4>{fieldtitle}</h4><font color=\"red\"><b>{validationsign}</b></font>
    <i>{fielddesc}</i></td>
</tr>

<td valign=\"right\">{field}</td>
</tr>

The only thing that changes when I update this is the {formtitle}.

Something is broken. It needs to be fixed.

Post edited by: themenace, at: 2007/05/24 21:14

Post edited by: themenace, at: 2007/05/24 21:16<br><br>Post edited by: themenace, at: 2007/05/24 21:16

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #723

• alex
Ok, i managed to do the form as you wished by doing the following:

1. i added the code above(that you pasted here) in my Form style
2. I went on each of my forms fields(since this form was created in 1.0.2), and deleted all the code from the \"Field Style Experts Only\" box.This way it inherits the form's field type.

It worked for me. Let me know if you need assistance.

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #730

Deleting the individual style fields actually removes the field completely from the form.

I will play around with this more to configure it the way I want, but it sure seems like a lot more work to paste the style in every field.

My main concern right now is the update utility because I need to be able to restore my previous form.

The error I get when I update is as follows:

Error, could not access remote file _update.xml

And this has been happening for a while<br><br>Post edited by: themenace, at: 2007/05/25 04:18

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #733

• alex
Is your administrator folder protected by any htaccess file? In other words, do you have an apache password protection also?

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #763

No

Re:very dissapointed 16 years 11 months ago #766

• alex
ok, then do this: click on the e-mail link you received(the one with the license) and download an updated 1.0.3 version. Backup your forms, uninstall and install the one you downloaded. Then restore.

Let me know.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!