Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Download

Download 16 years 11 months ago #653

• cs1
  • Fresh Boarder
Where do I download the module & mambot? I've searched through the site but cant find it anywhere. A link would be nice

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #654

• dsurgeon
  • Fresh Boarder
There is no more free download.

This is not any more a free open source component for joomla/mambo.

this jump from v1.0.2 to v1.0.3 and also it hit a big leap from free to commercial.

Alex I know is hard to maintain a component of this caliber is hard, time consuming and tedious.

But to be honest, a lot of people help you find the bugs, fix the bugs, new ideas, suggestions to make this component one of the best.

This people have been waiting for the update and you just slap them with a pay me if you want it.

What will happen if some one comes now grab your 1.2 stable version and create a new version with all this functions and new functions that will captivate peoples attention?

This component will been down on the drain quick. Remember you use a GNU/GPL License.

People help you, because they love your work, and they will love to help you. I believe if you told them...\"Hey to keep it up I need some donations and fundings to keep it up\". They will donate.

Other option was to tell them this is the last free version. Add new functions, documentation and re-pack the component and start selling the pro-version.

From the hearth, as a developer. I wish you luck, and all the best.

And I hope the community don't bump you for back stab you give them.

I will be honest, I will take v1.0.2 and fixed to my needs. I will not pay $10.00 not because of your work, I know you deserve it. I will do it for the people that told you the bugs, the suggestions and all of the people waiting for v1.0.3 .

Thank You

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #655

• dsurgeon
  • Fresh Boarder
FYI -> Another user start to complain before me...
www.pimpmyjoomla.com/component/option,co...view/id,645/catid,4/

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #656

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
I know dsurgeon... I expected all of the things you told me here.. Try to understand. I've been working on Forme for more than 2 months now. Full time. You are free to do whatever you like.. but try to understand. I want to make a living from this, and with 3$/day(the amount generated by the google ads, that is not possible for me). I hope you'll understand my point too, not only yours..

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #657

• dsurgeon
  • Fresh Boarder
Alex, yes I understand this...
\"Alex I know is hard to maintain a component of this caliber is hard, time consuming and tedious. \" - Quote from my post.

You have a community behind you, why you don't consult the community behind you.

If you would place it as a free and a pro-version. I know people will go for the pro. And any other project or component that you do people will buy it with there eyes closed.

I will be the first one to buy the pro-version! My word here in public. But is not fair for you and is not fair for the people that help you and believe in you.

If you need help in creating the pro-version with support, a nice pdf guide, and many other things I will help you. And even buy it.

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #658

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Ok dsurgeon, i'm open to anything.. of course. Make me understand. Standard version would be like 1.0.2 and pro 1.0.3(with the new features) correct?

I would appreciate any kind of suggestions regarding this delicate situation...

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #663

• dsurgeon
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, thats is awesome.

Let me explain how you can do it.

v1.0.3 ( regular - encrypted ) is 1.0.2 with the bug fixes. Example: File attachement or at least the url send on the email to work. Or even the fix to please 2 fields in 1 row.

The support for this is a regular forums.

v1.0.3 Pro ( partialy encrypted) - New features like dynamic fields, and all the cool features. Also since your time is very valuable you create a pro-version forum. Where people can find new mods, tips, tricks, tutorials and the best your prompt support regarding pro-issues.

This way you give back to the community something, and you gain something. Like I said I will be the first one to buy the pro-version. And I know people will buy it too.

this way like I say everyone is happy. The community get the bugs fixed and you get a way for earning a living.

This people like I said they love your work. They will buy all the new cool features since they know they are buying quality.

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #666

• dsurgeon
  • Fresh Boarder
I just want to add an example:
www.wowglider.com

This a software for WoW (World Of Warcraft) You can register in the forum, but you will have the option to enter your glider key. This will open the doors to even more information profiles and more.

Nothing to compare...only posted for the forum option. :)

Re:Download 16 years 11 months ago #695

• cs1
  • Fresh Boarder
I think you may have missed the point a bit, although your comments are interesting.

I have paid for the component, but there is nowhere to download the mambot.

So if someone can send me link to the mambot I would be very greatful.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!