Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Suggestions for forme layout

Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #627

• steph
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Alex,
Lovely component you've written. It constantly amazes me the quality of the work so many people put into Joomla!

Anyway, here are some suggestions for Forme, gleaned from what I've been doing with it (private server, sorry I can't show it in the showcase):

Grouping/Rating/Ranking:
-Have a row of radio buttons for a particular Question: ie:

'How do you rate Forme: [1][2][3][4][5]'
This can be achieved with a select pull-down menu, but is not as good visually...

-Have a divider element:
Add the ability to include a divider between questions. This is a simple fix for creating separation between different groups of questions,

-The validation of fields has Number, email, required as a pull-down. But sometimes we need to validate a field eg. as an email AND make it a requirement. The 'required' option should be a checkbox. Validation should be by type...

-The width of Text fields, and the number of rows of textareas should be variable. So we can change the width of text fields and the size of textareas.

More feedback to come as I think of it...
But basically: Great work! Keep it up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #634

• crazycat
  • Senior Boarder
Now this is what I call suggestions! :woohoo:

Cheers, mate!
Adam
As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Re:Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #640

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks a lot!

The radio groups has been fixed in 1.0.3 you can add them just like you add select box values: value1|Value 1,value2|Value 2,value3|Value 3. This will output your radios just as you described.

Divider element - nice idea. I always tent to make it more developer friendly,but i forget most of the people want user friendly. Although the divider can be done with the free text feature, it is a great idea.

Validation fields checkbox - correct. you are right.it should work the way you say.

They are variable. You must add cols=\"10\" or size=\"20\" in the additional attributes field. Seems like i haven't made it so clear though.

Re:Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #651

• MrMastah
  • Fresh Boarder
-The validation of fields has Number, email, required as a pull-down. But sometimes we need to validate a field eg. as an email AND make it a requirement. The 'required' option should be a checkbox. Validation should be by type...
I agree, a email field should be able to both be validated AND be a required field!!!
Validation fields checkbox - correct. you are right.it should work the way you say.
So is this going to be implemented anytime soon Alex?<br><br>Post edited by: MrMastah, at: 2007/05/23 13:16

Re:Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #702

alex wrote:
They are variable. You must add cols=\"10\" or size=\"20\" in the additional attributes field. Seems like i haven't made it so clear though.

It would be nice if there were just a box in the back end that said columns=___ size=___ you could just type in the number. I think this would be more user friendly.

Re:Suggestions for forme layout 16 years 11 months ago #722

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
For 1.0.4 i am planning for a 100% interactive field utility :) where you will be able to add all the field params on the fly(not editing default values, etc..)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!