Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Preset a selection according to which page called

Preset a selection according to which page called 16 years 11 months ago #580

• macchi
  • Fresh Boarder
How can I preset a selection, radio button or checkbox according to which page or content item that called the form?

Another similar question is: How can I pass the title of a content item in Joomla as a parameter to a form? Actually this is part of a generic question on \"How can I pass parameters to forme?\"

We would be thankful for suggestions on how to do this!

Ciao, Cheers
/Macchi<br><br>Post edited by: macchi, at: 2007/05/21 09:20
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Preset a selection according to which page called 16 years 11 months ago #593

• alex
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 3
:), haven't thought of that till now.. I think you have to alter the core code for that. Specially the parseFields function.

Re:Preset a selection according to which page call 16 years 11 months ago #608

• macchi
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your answer Alex, I hope we will find a good solution that is useful for other people as well. Thus I will try to explain briefly what I am looking for:

I am using an extension to Joomla that provides a calendar (JCal Pro) where we store brief descriptions of events and training courses. Every one of these events or courses has also a link that leads to a registration form (built of course with forme).

Besides name, address etc, the registration form also presents some alternatives to be selected, namely choosing an event or training course. We wish to influence the preselection according to which page or content item that called the registration form. Therefore we are looking for: A)some way to send a parameter to forme, B) use that parameter to affect the preselection.

I am aware that I might have to dig deeper into the code for Joomla and forme in order to get this functionality to work. This question on the forum is only a start, hoping that someone else might already have devised a similar solution.

Actually did not want this to be a feature request (yet). I was just hoping to find a reasonable workaround.

Lets keep in touch,
Ciao, Cheers
/Macchi

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!